Monday, November 18, 2013

Magnolia-licious Christmas blog hop

Welcome everyone to the Christmas/ winter blog hop and joining the Magnolia-licious DT is the ubber talented Scor-pal DT!!!
 
This is going to be so much fun!
Please read the complete details to the challenge and contest running
over the Magnolia-licious blog.
I want to make sure you get accurate deets :)

Now If you are just swinging by and want to join the hop start from the Magnolia-licious challenge blog. If your coming from the sweet talented Janice then your
are aaaa ooo kkk. I bet she had another stunning creation for us to drool.

I decided to create a box to fill with crafty goodies and layer a card front on top.
I had measurements for a smaller size box but with simply adding a few inches to the recipe I managed to create this 6x6 box.
what I did was cut a 10x10 paper for the base and score 2" on all sides. I cut and glued.
Then for the top
I cut an 8x8 paper and scored at .75" on all sides, cut and glued as well.
I added a decorative edge using the Tilda lace die and that is it. Since the top was going to be loaded there was no need to add more to the actual box.

I'm showcasing Snow scarf Tilda and she's colored with copics. I added dimension to her hat and sweater with pop up dots. Also adding some frantage, stickles and prima fine glitter to add some glitz.

Tilda is enjoying some snow fun by a
Make It Crafty Christmas background name cold by light.







 


I hope you like my box and I hope my assigned secret santa does too lol! Shhhhhhh

she might be around so I can't say much :P
I'm filling it with some crafty goodies that I hope she will enjoy.

Ok peeps I'm sending you to the next designer and get ready to get blown away by the gorgeous amazing Chris Dark (in my oprah voice) I can't wait to see what she's done :)

Thank you all for stopping by and please enjoy the hop but before you leave me please pick up your magical letters and they are
w,d

Sweet kisses
Ruby

Magnolia-licious online store

Snow scarf Tilda
Tilda lace die

Copic recipe
Skin: E000,E21,E25,R20
Hair: E18,E19,E35
Sweater: RV69, R83, R85
Pants and Scarf: BG75,BG72,BG70,SPECTRUM NOIR BGR1,BGR2
Shoes: E70,E74, E77

 

35 comments:

  1. :o( I couldn't see the piccie of your project, hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, I came back for another look and there is it - you kept me in suspense but it was soooo worth the wait, this is fantastic, all the colours you've used together are perfect and your colouring is amazing - the embellies are fabulous - and as my mum would say 'the best things come to those who wait' lol, hugs Jo x

      Delete
    2. LOL!!! You are so sweet awhhhh.

      I guess Blogger didn't like my pictures and decided it didn't wanted to showcase them lol! All fixed now and THANK YOU for coming back you are so kind ((hugs))

      Delete
    3. OMG, Ruby, this is an incredible work of art!!!!!! There was no picture this morning on your blog, but I saw it on FB and had to come back to admire this amazing creation!!!!!! Your coloring is SUPERB, as well as your design and details. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't see your project but sometimes is essence invisible to the eye
    I belive that is your project something special
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your projects Ruby, so no doubt this one's different. But it's a secret to all of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. guess your project is lovely, but it doesn't show on you post.

    hugs,
    kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow no picture I am sure it is just over the top as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it would be worth the wait stunning I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely stunning Ruby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful. I love the pink color of her shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Perfect for your secret pal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING Ruby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone is going to be super thrilled to receive this!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, gorgeous box, Ruby! Love it to bits. Do you need my mailing address? LOL I love the fabulous scene you've created with Tilda. Beautiful coloring and fabulous artwork.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word!!! I'm just picking my jaw off the floor with this stunning creation Ruby. Your colouring is to die for and the way you've decorated your gift box is Wowzer!!! who ever receives this is a very very lucky bunny. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous....love every detail, stunning show piece, wonderful gift box, your secret santa will be blown away!! :) I just love it!!
    Cindy cinpot@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING! Love the colors and design. That image is super cute and your coloring is AMAZING! Love it all! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruby!
    your box is adorable. your little scene is outstanding. your colouring is perfection.
    Hugs maz

    ReplyDelete
  16. your box is very cute and I must tell you that your coloring is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE this scene. It has depth and dimension and texture, not to mention flawless coloring. I'm so jealous of your talent:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruby! What a fantastic box! Wowie your coloring is gorgeous!!!!! Love this!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing coloring and fabulous box! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooohhhhhh RUBEEEEE! I hope I am your Secret Santa pick!!!! :) Beautiful coloring and adorable scene! Lots of fun texture and embellishments too! Terrific work Ruby Dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous box Ruby. Love the beautiful coloring and the soft looking snow textures :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful box. Your coloring is fantastic. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowzer, Ruby, it's fabulous. Wonderful scene you've created. Love the rich colours and the added texture with liquid applique? Oooh I just know you're my secret Santa...LOL.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your box is gorgeous! And your coloring is absolutely fantastic.

    Kare

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your coloring...as always..is outta this world. And I love all the details..I'm a detail girl LOL...they really make the project. Looks like frosty cool snow and just beautifully done!
    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful project! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely stunning, your colouring is FANTASTIC. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning project!! Your coloring is so amazing! I love your accents as well! Thanks for sharing! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  29. DIBS, DIBS, DIBS, DIBS, DIBS, DIBS, DIBS! Did I say, "DIBS?" LOL - Oh Rubz, this is gorgeous! I love how you've colored Tilda's clothing. I love the scene. I'm green with envy with your rolled roses! It is perfect! Brava!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my word! You color like a god! Love the scene, such gorgeous deep colors, and beautiful embellishments. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a wonderfull box, looks very fantatsic, love it!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment and leaving me with a smile :)